Unleash the power of you iPhone’s camera! Miggo Pictar iPhone Camera Grip is a powerful iPhone camera-grip that connects easily to most iPhone models (see enclosed list) and gives users unprecedented control over the iPhone’s camera through a user friendly app. Pictar is controlled by no fewer than five external buttons, and includes a patented, revolutionary interface which uses sound frequencies to activate the camera, which saves battery power compared to the standard Bluetooth connection. Pictar was born to address mobile photographers of all levels – from social recorders to professionals – who wish to get more from their iPhone camera and miss that good-old feeling of firmly holding and easily controlling a traditional camera.
Pictar offers five external control buttons
1. Multi-state shutter button – electronically calibrated to provide maximum sensitivity, just like a high-end camera. It offers “half press” mode to lock focus and exposure for easy tracking of a moving object or to create a desired composition, as well as “full press” for immediate shutter release.
2. Zoom ring – located right under the index finger, making it easy for the user to activate it with only one hand. Rotate left or right activates the zoom. Can also be programmed and changed by user to suit specific needs.
3. Selfie button – clicking the zoom ring will switch between the iPhone’s two cameras – front and back – for easy “selfie” shots. Can also be programmed and changed by user to suit specific needs.
4. Exposure compensation wheel – controls the amount of light entering the camera, which helps the user to determine the exact level of exposure without complex menus.
5. Smart wheel – a programmable button that allows users to control a variety of functions. In default mode it changes the camera’s 10 pre-set modes: manual, sport, landscape, portrait and more. This is a very useful tool for the typical user. Advanced photographers can choose to program it to control other functions, such as manual, shutter priority, and more.
Pictar app – a powerful, dedicated app
Pictar’s app is a turbo engine that drives Pictar forward. To develop it, miggo teamed up with a leading app development company that not only provided the app with ease of use but also new features that do not exist in the iPhone’s camera, such as preset modes and more.
One of the app’s most exciting components is the operating interface powered by sound frequencies. When the user operates one of the external controls it produces a sound frequency (18,500 – 20,000 khz) which cannot be heard by the human ear. When this frequency is detected by the app it generates an appropriate action. This method significantly reduces battery drainage by both the phone and the Pictar device.
Ergonomic body – for a comfortable grip just like a traditional camera, and a strap to keep the precious phone from falling.
The Pictar is inspired by classic cameras. It allows a firm grip and instant access to all five external controls – all this with just one hand.
The comfortable grip prevents the phone from slipping out of your hand and falling, significantly improves the sharpness of images and allows you to shoot with one hand – vertically or horizontally – and even taking a picture with gloves.
Pictar has a connecting hook for a strap, and is supplied with a designated wrist strap. It also comes with a padded carrying case with a metal carabiner for secure attachment to a bag or belt loop.
With advanced photographers in mind, the bottom of the Pictar offers a ¼” 20 standard connection for a tripod. On top there is a “cold shoe” connection for external lighting.
Things Pictar can do that stand-alone iPhone can’t
- Manual focus
- Manual control of ISO
- Manual control of shutter speed
- Split focus and exposure points
- Option for Tiff files
- Physical buttons and wheels
- Tripod mount
- Light mount
- One handed grasp
- Pictar One – iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6s, SE, 7
MIGGO PICTAR IPHONE CAMERA GRIP
- Ergonomic body with modular iPhone attachment system
- Anti-slip grip
- Multi-state shutter button (focus and exposure lock / shutter release)
- Zoom ring
- Selfie button
- Exposure compensation wheel
- Smart wheel (pre-sets modes / programmable / manual mode)
- 10 pre-set modes: auto, manual, shutter priority, iso priority, portrait, sport, landscape, macro, selfie, video
- ¼”20 standard tripod socket
- Cold-shoe mount
- PictarApp (download for free from App store)
- Dual-tone high-frequency interface
- Detachable wrist strap
- Neoprene padded pouch
- Battery life: 4-6 months
- Pictar One unit
- Wrist strap
- Neck strap
- Padded pouch
- 1/2 AA 3v to 3.6V battery
- PictarApp (free download)